Maryville, TN

I had constipation and after i had intense burning like something tore now i have a bulge i can feel under the. skin of my perineum swollen rectum?

Dr. Tal Raphaeli
Colon and Rectal Surgery 20 years experience
Thrombosed hemorrhoi: Sounds like you have a thrombosed hemorrhoid. The best thing to do is soak in a warm bath a few times a day and the pain and swelling will subside in a few days. Make sure you avoid getting constipated by adding fiber to your diet. If the pain is just unbearable, see a colon and rectal surgeon who can excise the hemorrhoid to help speed up the process. Creams and lotions are a waste of money.

Last updated Oct 2, 2015