what do i do if my baby has blood in his stool?

Dr. Scott Katz
Call Your Doctor: A child with blood in the stool should always be examined. Some common causes include food allergies, constipation and infection. Bring the diaper to your office visit. Your doctor may want to test the stool for infection.
Anus has fissures?: In a healthy young baby, anal fissures (little cracks in the skin of the anus) can happen after a forceful pooping (poop need not be firm), or after passing a firm poop. When a fissure happens, there may be streaks or spots of blood on the poop. Because young babies poop often, a fissure may take a while to heal up. The parent should talk with a doctor if blood is seen on the poop day after day.
Don't know.: Your pediatrician would be the right person to explore the cause.