Springfield, NJ

I had a open lung biopsy and thoracotomy less then 2months ago i am having ruq pain and numbness is this normal. ?

Dr. Steven Beer
Neurosurgery 33 years experience
Numbness: I am assuming your numbness is near the incision which you had for the surgery. If that is the case numbness as a result of having the small cutaneous nerves which travel along the skin is common. With incisions in the chest wall pain can take months to resolve. As always, however, i would recommend you discuss your symptoms with your surgeon to be sure other ominous sources are not responsible.
Dr. Creighton Wright
General Surgery 56 years experience
Not usually: If right thoracic surgery, then discomfort in front on right and some numbness along that area thoracic nerve distribution is common and relatively temporary usually.

Last updated Jul 7, 2019