U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

Fractured a bone at the base of my pinky finger. what can i do to heal it?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gustavo Galante
A Verified Doctoranswered
38 years experience
See your doctor.: Gnerally, a fracture needs to be immobilized, and the length of time depends on which bone, the location on the bone, and the time since injury. At times surgery may be necessary. You should seek the consultation of your doctor and/or orthopedic hand surgeon for best advice.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 4, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.