I have leukemia but now in remission and i want to know if i can get and piercings or tattoos?

Dr. Michael Thompson
Hematology and Oncology 21 years experience
Depends on labs: Universal precautions (clean needles, etc) should be used independent of leukemia status. You could get tattoos/piercings otherwise if your labs were okay -- platelet count normal (or >50k), WBC (particularly absolute neutrophil count = ANC normal). Check with your treating physician first of course.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 33 years experience
Tattoos: The United States food and drug administration (fda) does not regulate tattoos leaving the burden of tattoo safety and regulations up to individual cities and states. Some of the risks that come with getting a tattoo are infection at the site of the tattoo, allergic reaction to the tattoo dye, the spread of disease such as HIV and hepatitis c, granulomas and keloid formation. No tattoos.