my wife is having serious pain in her lower stomach and rectum.i suggested it may be bad gas but she is doubling over from this it hurts so bad.help?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Charles Cattano
38 years experience Gastroenterology
Needs emergency care: Pain as serious as you describe needs emergency evaluation and care. You're right, it may just be gas...But it could be something of quite a bit more concern. Take her to the er for assessment and treatment now please.
Answered on Jan 16, 2013
3
Dr. Chevies Newman
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
To doctor: She has severe low abdominal pain and could be a number of things besides constipation. It would not be correct for me to do anything but suggest she go in.
Answered on Mar 21, 2013
7
Dr. Linda Gromko
Get her checked.: If pain is so severe as to make her double over, it truly could be something serious. We have all seen people nearly incapacitated by simple gas pains. Muscle spasms in the pelvic floor can be equally distressing. But trust your instincts here. She does need to be seen. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, blood in stool, vaginal bleeding, tarry black stools are other warnings. But severe pain is plenty!
Answered on Mar 26, 2013