what can i do if my baby has a spot on it's heart?

Dr. Amy Herold
Genetic screening: A "focus" or spot on the heart is relatively common and usually insignificant. It can be a marker for Down syndrome though, so if a spot is seen you will usually be offered follow-up testing for genetic problems. This is usually done through a more intensive ultrasound to look for other more conclusive markers of down syndrome, but also through blood testing or amniocentesis.
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Cardiology 16 years experience
Need more detail: Sorry to hear that. I imagine you must be very concerned! do you mean a spot or a hole in his heart. It depends on what effect it has on the heart's function.