Iceland

long hard lump next to bottom rib bone. not the same on other side. its stuck to the bone. what could it be?

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Several things: This problem mandates a real-time (face-to-face) meeting with a doctor. A history has to be taken along with a examination as well as labs and other tests. Only after all this will his doctor be in a position to tell him what's wrong and what needs to be done to help him.
Dr. Robert Ringrose
Gastroenterology 58 years experience
No short answer: We need to know how long you have had this, i would guess it has been there for most of your life, since you didn't describe any pain in the past in that area. I would guess that at some time you have fractured that rib and it healed with a bump. It probably was as a young child. But if it has appeared recently and is growing you need to see the doctor.