Why do my teeth stain?

5 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Stains: Coffee tea cigarettes red wine just a few of the many things that will stain your teeth due to compounds that stick to your teeth or are absorbed by your enamel. Visit your dentist regularly and brush correctly at home to minimize discoloration.

Answered 1/13/2019

5.4k views

Dr. Felicia Mata answered

Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry

Teeth: With enamel cracks are more susceptible to get stained. Colored food and drinks can stain teeth. If there's presence of calcular deposits, the more it can darken the teeth because of its porosity.

Answered 1/13/2019

5.3k views

Dr. Gary Sandler answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Tooth Stains..: Teeth stain from certain foods and liquids clinging to the plaque that forms on everyone's teeth. The rougher the surface of your teeth, the more likely it will stain. Certain foods such as coffee, tea and tars and nicotine from smoking are the biggest culprits that produce these stains. The better and more often you brush, the less likely you will be to have stained teeth.

Answered 1/13/2019

5.3k views

Because....: Certain colored foods stain teeth more than others . It is their nature. The more acidic and more colored the food/ drink, the more it stains. Red wine is the worst.

Answered 3/9/2019

5.2k views