how to treat a swollen, itchy big toe?

Dr. Michael Sparacino
See your doctor: You should let your doctor know you are having pain. He/she can examine you and possibly run tests to find out the cause.

My toe is red, swollen, itchy, and painfull when i put pressure on it. What is it? I haven't tried anything yet to help.

Dr. Joy Jackson
Did : Did you have any recent trauma to the toe? Has this happened to you before? You could be dealing with a sprain, fracture (possibly hair line) or even a condition called gout (build up of uric acid). You should visit your primary care provider for work up and treatment. In the meantime an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) over the counter (ibuprofen, advil, or motrin) should help. Best of luck.

I have bumps i get only on 1 side of mybody at a time that itch the more i itch the bigger they get and itch even more.They started on myleft toe and?

Dr. Narmo Ortiz
Podiatry 27 years experience
Bumps on the body: Bumps and itching that start on the toe but then spread to your body could be many things, but the most important is to consult with a dermatologist of your choice since they have spread to your body.

Red itchy swollen big toe.. How to treat this quickly?

Dr. Matthew Wilkin
Podiatry 24 years experience
Antifungal cream: It could be a fungal infection. You could try an otc antifungal cream. However, if your toe is red and swollen, it could be a bacterial infection and you would need to see your podiatrist.

I have a red itchy spot on my big toe and second toe what is it?

Dr. Brent Rubin
Podiatry 41 years experience
fungus: Possibly athletes foot for a quick simple answer. Try an antifungal first and if no improvement follow up with a podiatrist.

What to do if I have an extreme itch in top of my toe?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Try an : Antifungal cream first. If no success see a foot doc or dermatologist.

Last updated Dec 9, 2013