i have a bump above my wrist and beside my thumb. what should i do?

Dr. Ajay Acharya
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Ganglion: See a doctor. Can be ganglion, common, or fibroma, wart.

My wrist has really been hurting for no apparent reason right underneath the thumb area. Any ideas?

Dr. David Brouwer
Thumb pain: Pain at the joint of the base of the thumb is commonly seen in degenerative arthritis, but you are too young to be getting that. So, possibly you have a mild tendonitis, also overuse injury from computing or typing can lead to hand/wrist/finger pains from injuring the small bones of the hands or straining the ligaments in the hand/wrist.
IN

My wrist has been hurting all week and it feels like it needs popped, but it hurts to even try. Today it hurts worse and can barely move my thumb?

Pathology 49 years experience
Need to examine: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without examining you and your symptoms warrant evaluation by a physician. If Ibuprofen is not relieving the symptoms, it is particularly important for you to see your physician for an examination and may be some tests.

Last updated Jan 16, 2013