OH

My pits get smelly/musky an hour later even with deodorant & antiperspirant. is there something wrong with me? do clothing have a factor on this too?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 33 years experience
Underarm odor: Some people believe that underarm odor is a direct result of sweating and perspiration, but this is untrue. The perspiration that is released by the apocrine glands under the arms is actually a combination of water, salt and urea that is completely odorless on its own. It is not until it comes in contact with bacteria on the surface of the skin that unpleasant odors begin to manifest.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. HECTOR Franco
Dermatology 47 years experience
May be normal: Underarm odor is usually a normal finding and can be caused by normal or excessive sweating by eccrine sweat glands. Bromhidrosis or malodor can also be caused by another type of gland called apocrine ("scent") gland, the contents of which are the source of the odor. In either case bacteria add to the odor. Diets high in choline and some inherited disorders can cause significant malodor also.