A 41-year-old female asked:

41 y/o female with pain in upper part of left side chest that comes and goes and under armpit.should i be concerned?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Linda Nelson
22 years experience
CP...yes!: To me, CP is CP until otherwise ruled-out (for a heart attack). If you haven't seen your md & had an ekg, do it! women present differently than men. If you have a family history of heart attacks, it's even more urgent to see your md. He will probably want a cardiac stress test, blood, & an ekg. Do you smoke? Have high bp? High cholesterol? Diabetes? These are very important to know. See your md!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 4, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.