Canada

8 months ago i had acl surgery, i did the patellar tendon way, i went to play soccer today and i felt something weird on the left side of my knee, help?

Dr. Merrick Wetzler
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Patella pain ACL : It is not uncommon to have pain in the front of your knee after knee surgery especially. The muscles around might of become less flexible and the soft tissue hold the patella in place might of become tighter. I would take mild anti-inflammatories, start a good hamstring and quadriceps stretching program. Ice your knee. As well as contact your surgeon to see what else he wants you to do.

Last updated Jan 6, 2013