What can i do for a bone that is protruding on my hand near my wrist. will it go away? i have a lunotriquetral lig injury

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Kim Fagan answered

Specializes in Sports Medicine

Maybe not: If there is no pain associated you probably have nothing to worry about. It sounds most consistent with a condition referred to as metacarpal bossing. This is a benign enlargement of the bone that requires no treatment unless symptoms of associated pain develop. The ligament injury in your hand may also create instability in the bones. Recommend seeing hand surgeon to evaluate completely.

Answered 11/28/2017

5.4k views

Dr. Roger Palutsis answered

Specializes in Sports Medicine

Evaluate: With a known ligament injury on the side of the wrist, it's hard to know if the prominence is related to the original injury or not. Your ligament injury is one that can cause problems in the future. I would suggest seeing a hand surgeon to make sure that there is not an underlying instability that might lead to problems in the future.

Answered 9/28/2016

4.7k views