what would be the most common medical problems that would have a child coughing up blood and have a high fever?

Dr. David Escobar
Dr. David Escobaranswered
Bronchitis: Bronchitis is the most common cause of coughing up blood (hemoptysis), and if there is a bacterial or viral infection causing the bronchitis, this can be associated with high fever. There are other possibilities for coughing up blood; the child needs to see their family physician or pediatrician to rule out other more serious causes.
Dr. Nela Cordero
Hemoptysis: Pulmonary tuberculosis, pulmonary abscess, bronchitis, severe infections of the respiratory tract, bronchopneumonia.