i am having severe bowel pain following a total robotic assisted laproscopic hysterectomy 1 week ago today. surgery pain is minimal. bm pain high. why?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Robert Binford
37 years experience Thoracic Surgery
See surgeon: I recommend you call your surgeon and discuss this immediately. Constipation is quite common after surgery and can lead to painful bm's. So it maybe nothing but you want to make sure you are not developing an infection in your pelvis.
Answered on Jun 18, 2019
1
Dr. Gregg Nishi
21 years experience Bariatrics
Hysterectomy: You shouldn't be having that much pain a week out. I would recommend seeing your gynecologist.
Answered on May 21, 2018