Swelling on top of the left ear. pains if i touch. also a swelling below the same ear ( in the neck). any idea ?

Dr. Paul Cohen
Infection?: Pain as you describe could arise from an infection to the soft tissue of the ear(cellulitis), referred pain from either an impingement syndrome; or an infection of the tympanic membrane(otitis media)...My advice would be to have someone examine you to determine what exactly is occurring; and to then treat you appropriately.
Dr. Christopher Coller
See your doc: With the description, it is difficult to know whether you have something localized to the skin or whether these are lymph nodes. I would be evaluated by your doctor who can then ask more questions about other symptoms you might be having (decreased hearing/ringing in the ears, cough, headaches, etc.) it could just be that you have some folliculitis or sebaceous cysts forming.
Last updated Mar 15, 2019