CT

currently take amitryptaline 10 mg nightly for migraines is it safe to take nyquil for a cold or will there be an adverse interaction between the two?

Dr. Donald McCarren
Neurology 36 years experience
Caution is advised: There is a drug to drug interaction between the 2 agents. The combination may increase the risk of CNS depression, psychomotor impairment, and anticholinergic adverse effects (additive effects). Hence, i would advise against the use of the 2 agents concomitantly.
Dr. Neetu Ahluwalia
Pain Management 20 years experience
It should be ok: Start with allow dose of nyquil if your concerned.