U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
The Colony, TX
A 30-year-old female asked:

Went to the er w/ severe back pain after having a lumbar puncture on 12/24. on the ct the lumbar site looked ok but they found a kidney stone w/ hydronephrosis in my r kidney. how closely should my dr watch this and should i ask to be sent to a urogist? h

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Boris Aronzon
Anesthesiology 25 years experience
Urologist: Urologist involvement is necessary to avoid further damage to your kidney and to help you to diminish risks of new stones. Multiple modalities exist to treat your condition.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.