I have numbness, tingling and pain in my face, feet and arms. my feet fall asleep several times a day. my eeg, emg, brain and cs mri were negative. why did my nerve tests show normal?

12 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Richard Ramos answered

Specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

It depends on the tests that were performed. Not all tests have 100% sensitivity for the disease tested. For example, the ncs that you had cannot rule out something called a small fiber neuropathy. You will need to follow up with a neurologist to discuss need for work up of that problem. Finally, there are psychiatric diseases that can present with multiple neurological symptoms.

Answered Apr 26, 2018

5.4k views