How do i tell if the foot pain might be from morton's neuroma?

Dr. Seth Zeidman
Neurosurgery 34 years experience
Location and Symptom: Symptoms of morton's neuroma include: tingling in the space between the third and fourth toes toe cramping sharp, shooting, or burning pains in the ball of your foot (and sometimes toes) pain that increases when wearing shoes or pressing on the area pain that gets worse over time morton's neuroma is an injury to the nerve between the toes, which causes thickening and pain.
Dr. Seth Zeidman
Neurosurgery 34 years experience
Symptoms and Locatio: Symptoms of morton's neuroma include: tingling in the space between the third and fourth toes toe cramping sharp, shooting, or burning pains in the ball of your foot (and sometimes toes) pain that increases when wearing shoes or pressing on the area pain that gets worse over time.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 23 years experience
Have it evaluated: Your pain could be as a result of many different things. A thorough history and physical exam and possibly some laboratory and radiology exams are needed to determine the exact cause. Causes of pain may include: trauma (fracture, sprain, arthritis, tight shoes), infection, metabolic conditions (gout), musculoskeletal or biomechanical abnormality and neurologic conditions (neuropathy).
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 36 years experience
Neuroma: If you have pain and tingling between metatarsal 3 and 4 , shooting pain , pain with shoes , pain with pressure at that area . X rays may be positive for lucency at the bones due to pressure see your podiatrist for help and a treatment plan.