is it normal for my baby to be teething on his hands?

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Yes: When a baby is teething anything is fair game. The hands are the most convenient way to teeth.
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Yes: Absolutely! most babies find comfort in gnawing on something, and of course the most convenient item is his or her own hands! certainly a teething toy may be helpful to many infants. Interestingly, neither of my kids took to a teething toy, but preferred their own hands (or my knuckles!) they will outgrow this phase after the teeth come in, so not to worry. Bibs are also helpful for all the drool!
Dr. Gregg Alexander
Yes: Sure, hands and fingers are like built-in teethers! plus, they're hard to leave at home or in the car!
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Teething: Infants mouth everything. It's their earliest window on the world. And fingers/hands are so convenient. Try a chilled teething ring. And sometime after eruption of 1st tooth, but no later than 1st b'day, your child should have 1st Dental Exam, preferably wi5h a Pedodontist, a Pediatric Dental Specialist.