i just received some test results back that said my protein c is high, protein s is low my pai-1 is high, my chloride is high and my co2 is low?

Dr. Martin Rubenstein
44 years experience Hematology and Oncology
Clot risk.: A high protein c has no significance, only low. A low protein s, like protein c, is a risk for having abnormal blood clots or pregancy complications. Protein c and s cooperate to dissolve blood clots. Pai-1 blocks the clot dissolving pathway, so a high level also is a risk for abnormal clots. A high chloride and low co2 are part of the salts in the blood that are regulated by the kidneys.
Answered on Dec 16, 2012