San Jose, CA

When i took my pelvic exam it hurted my pelvic?

Dr. John Geisler
Gynecologic Oncology 28 years experience
Pelvic exam: A pelvic exam is an uncomfortable exam both physically and sometimes mentally for some patients. It should not cause pain. If it did you should take to the health care provider who did the exam to make sure that they know. They need to look for the reason.
Dr. Duncan Turner
53 years experience
This may be normal.: Pelvic exams can be uncomfortable if you are short of estrogen in menopause. If that's the reason it's quite easily resolved. It's important to know whether the pain is vaginal or deep in the pelvis. You should ask your doctor.