United Kingdom (Great Britain)

i recently had a blood test and my oestriadiol levels were high and my testerone levels were low what does this mean?

Dr. Juan Merayo-Rodriguez
Pathology 23 years experience
Hormonal imbalance: Testosterone tests have a recommended time of day to have a blood sample taken between 7 A.M. And 10 A.M. It may need to be repeated a second time. The health care provider may advise you to stop taking drugs that may affect the test. This test may be done if you have symptoms of abnormal male hormone (androgen) production. In males, the testicles produce most of the testosterone in the body.

Last updated Dec 14, 2012