Trenton, NJ

why isn't my cough going away, normal x ray, normal throat culture.?

Dr. Bobak Ghaheri
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 23 years experience
Cough : Some illnesses can cause a bronchitis-like cough that occasionally needs steroids like prednisone. Other possibilities include allergies and acid reflux.
Dr. David Lee
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
Many possible reason: There are many possible reasons for a cough in the scenario you describe. Your primary care provider is a good starting point to treat the problem. You may also need to see other specialists, such as an otolaryngologist (ent), pulmonologist (lung doctor), and/or allergy specialist.