Ihave got compexl mass on my right ovarie also got dvt in my left leg does this mean the cacer has spread to my pelvis ?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Jon Spiers answered

Specializes in Thoracic Surgery

An ovarian mass and a DVT in the other lower extremity is worrisome, but it is not a definitive sign of metastasis. You are right to be concerned, since a pelvic mass compressing the iliac veins could lead to a dvt. Your course of action should include a visit to your oncologist, so you can be evaluated and properly treated. A DVT is very serious - as is cancer. Hang in there, and good luck.

Answered Jun 10, 2014

5.4k views

Dr. John Geisler answered

Specializes in Gynecologic Oncology

Have you had surgery by a gyn oncologist yet to prove you have cancer? Dvts are very common in cancer patients but having a DVT does not mean you have cancer. Even patients with stage i ovarian cancer (confined to ovary) are at risk. If you have cancer, it does not mean it has spread.

Answered Jun 10, 2014

5.4k views