A member asked:

Hi i sowwaloed a pecice of dental floss will i be ok ?

12 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Seth Rosen answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Yes: You'll be fine. Dental floss is not toxic.

Answered 12/8/2012

5.4k views

Thank
Dr. John Van der Werff answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Probably: It should just pass through.. But if you start to experience pain in your "belly" area in the nexk week or two, i would see a physician.

Answered 3/21/2015

5.4k views

Thank
Dr. Lizbeth Alter answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Yes: Yes, its a little scary when we swallow a foreign body. In general floss is quite benign. You may or may not see it in your stool. Just stay well hydrated and eat as usual. Do not make yourself vomit or take laxatives to try and get it out. If you develop any abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, then go to your nearest er or urgent care.

Answered 3/21/2015

5.4k views

Thank
Dr. Don Millner answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Cosmetic

See cat eat tinsel?: Floss isn't toxic, if you swallow it it should pass without consequence. Doesn't hurt to keep an eye out for it just to reassure yourself.

Answered 3/24/2014

4.3k views

Thank

Related Questions

A member asked:

I may have accidentally swallowed a piece of dental floss. What could happen?

6 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

A member asked:

Waterpik vs dental floss? Which is better?

8 doctors weighed in across 4 answers