What is the definition or description of: latisse (bimatoprost)?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Drug for eyelashs: Latisse (bimatoprost) was an afterthought from drugs used to treat glaucoma. It is a prostaglandin analog. One side effect that was noted after it began use for glaucoma in the form of eyedrops is that patients eyelashes would lengthen and become darker. It is now avaiable by prescription for eyelash growth.

Answered 11/21/2014

5.4k views

Dr. Tim Conrad answered

Specializes in Ophthalmology

Drug to grow eyelash: Latisse (bimatoprost) is the only approved drug to increase eyelash growth and thickness. It is available by prescription and is painted onto the base of the lashes twice per day. Results occur in 3-4 weeks and the drug must be continued or the lashes return to their previous state.

Answered 10/24/2017

5.4k views

Eyelash serum: Latisse (bimatoprost) is a prescription serum that is effective in lengthening, thickening, and darkening the eyelashes. It is the best proven way to get longer eyelashes.

Answered 6/26/2014

4.9k views