can you recommend a sleeping medicine stronger than restoril (temazepam) (30mg) that is not an antipsychotic?

Dr. Joan Kinlan
Simpler meds: First of all do all the things that are recommended for good sleep. The list is long and many help a lot. Have you tried melatonin-a natural substance that the brain produces to promote sleep. What about trazadone? It used to be used an an antidepressant until it was discovered not to be especially effective but most people who used it found it to be very effective for sleep.