U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

My menstrual cycle has been on for tweleve days. please prescribe any medicine to stop it. i am 38 years old?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Usha Mukhytar
Gynecology 27 years experience
Test to see if fibro: Need testing to see if fibroids or any cervical or uterine problem and then treat the problem you may take vitamins, iron and calcium tableta.
Dr. Mueeza Zafar
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Prolonged: One prolonged bleeding part of menstrual cycle may or may not mean anything serious, and if it has happened for the first time ever, or is problematic, then needs evaluated by your doctor, and not have a medication prescribed for it.
Last updated Oct 15, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.