NC

was severely hypothyroid. still have swelling of eyes and face (rash) and numbness in feet and index finger. will that go away?

Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine 24 years experience
Correct meds: Are you getting the correct meds? Check free T3 and reverse t3. Ft3 should be in upper range and rt3 in lower range. If your ratio is off, you may need Armour Thyroid or t3, and synthroid (thyroxine) would be the wrong med for you. Also check spot urine iodine to make sure you are not deficient.
Dr. Jay Bradley
LASIK Surgery 18 years experience
Probably: If your symptoms are related to your prior hypothyroid, they should resolve with time. If they persist, see your doctor for further evaluation.