what is the definition or description of: coronary artery bypass graft?

Dr. Mathew Chengot
Cardiology 43 years experience
Bypass : Going around a blocked vessel to bring blood and nutrients to distal areas to blocked vessels that is not getting oxygen.
Dr. Robert Binford
Thoracic Surgery 38 years experience
Treat blocksges: The heart has 3 main arteries that supply its needed blood flow. When blockages in these arteries form then chest pain, shortness of breath, and heart attacks can occur. Coronary artery bypass is 1 method of treatment. Veins and arteries are used to go around the blockages. These are sewn in before and after the blockages in essence "bypassing" the blockages.