i've done terrible things in my life. i can't get over it. is it affecting my mental health?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Counselling: You need to see a mental health professional. You need evaluation and possible treatment.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Long-term guilt: Long-term guilt about things we've done can surely affect all parts of life -- including mental health. Guilt can serve a useful purpose when it alerts us to having harmed others; we can make amends and change behavior so as not to repeat the hurt. It requires acknowledging & processing our actions & results inwardly -- perhaps outward apology too. Working with a therapist can help w/this.