I don't live in the mountains, but i keep having to pop my ear because everything is muted. is this normal?

Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 19 years experience
Not uncommon: You are describing eustachian tube dysfunction and it is usually related to allergy and sinus problems. If it is mild, try some otc allergy meds like zyrtec/claritin/allegra and a sinus rinse. If it is more severe, see your local ENT for evaluation.
Dr. Michael Underbrink
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 22 years experience
Eustachian tube: This is a sign of eustachian tube dysfunction. It is common but not normal. Just to be safe, i'd recommend a visit to your local ent.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014