Why do i keep going back to my abusive husband?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 35 years experience
Read this book : I love this book called "when love goes wrong" by ann jones. She interviewed women in abusive relationship this might help you. Know there is a difference between abuse and dysfunctional - by saying you are abused throws your power away and make you a victim. Instead make conscious choice of being in a relationship that is dysfunctional if you need read my book on dysfunctional family.
Dr. Gerald Bausek
Abuse: Asking yourself that question is the first step to treating yourself better and getting help. You want love but sadly have come to believe that abuse is love and all you deserve. These mistaken inner beliefs are related to depression. Please see if you find a willingness inside to treat yourself better and work with a therapist to treat your depression.
Dr. Joan Kinlan
You love him.: It's very hard to leave an abusive husband-easier to leave an abusive boyfriend. Often you have children and are staying for the sake of the children. Consider counselling and maybe you could get him to go too.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Abusive: Psychotherapy with a counselor experienced in working with co-dependency issues helps.
Dr. Traci Seidman
Clinical Psychology 32 years experience
Intermittant Reinforcement: You may be receiving sporadic reinforcement from your husband. This type of reinforcement schedule creates the most difficult habits/behaviors to break. In short, it may feel bad when he's bad, but by comparison it feels really good when he's good. It's a dangerous roller coaster - best to get out!
Addiction?: Are you addicted to the passion & chaos of the relationship? Sometimes what people define as "love" is actually "addiction". Even relationships can be addictive. Abuse is not ok. I hope you come to realize that you don't derserve to be abused & love yourself enough to leave. Take care.
Last updated Jun 14, 2018