what is the definition or description of: obstetrics and gynecology?

Dr. Brad Douglas
See below: Ob/ gyn - this is the area of medicine that provides complete health care to women in their specific areas of concern.
Dr. Paula Hillard
Women's health: Obstetricians deal with pregnancy and helping women to have a healthy baby. Gynecology deals with women's reproduction health, so gynecologists treat reproductive health problems like irregular periods, vaginitis, abnormal pap tests. Gynecologists also help women to maintain or achieve overall health--and so address issues of weight, moods, and prevention.