is it safe to be fingered one day after taking 1g azithromycin for chlamydia? i am concerned that if i was not entirely cured, and my partner fingered me, and then fingered me again minutes later without washing his hands, could he reinfect me? in other w

Dr. Joy Jackson
No, : No, this is not possible. Most doctors want to re-test you in about 6-8 weeks to make sure the infection has cleared. Also, if your partner was not treated then he can very easily reinfect you. Please remember to be safe and protect yourself against std's by using condoms. Take care.
Answered on Jul 9, 2017