are there any medications i can take to relieve the pressure in my ears when i fly?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 27 years experience
Afrin (oxymetazoline): Try afrin (oxymetazoline) or try performing a valsalva maneuver - pinch your nose and gently "blow" air out of your nose while at the same time bearing down like you are lifting something. This will force air up your eustachian tube and expand the middle ear and prevent traction on the ear drum which is what causes the pain and fullness during descent.
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
Ear: If you're in good health Afrin (oxymetazoline) sudafed and Earplanes would help