I have a small lump on the back right side of my neck in the corner hairline. it's sore around the lump and its about as big as i massaged it to try and make it feel better but its not helping much.

Dr. Richard Arden
Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 38 years experience
If : If its part of the skin it may reflect a sebaceous cyst which could originate from a blocked oil gland around one of your hair shafts. These often have to be removed surgically to encompass the entire lining or they are prone to recurrence. Other possibilities could be an inflamed lymph node. Obviously, a diagnosis would require the ability to examine the area. Your physician should be able to help guide you with this.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016