My stomach hurts after i finish eating what could it be? it hurts on the left side, like two inches to the left of where my belly button is. it hurts when i press down

Dr. Richard Arden
Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 38 years experience
Abdominal : Abdominal pain elicited by palpation and related to meals could reflect possible peptic ulcer among other things. It would be wise to have your physician obtain a thorough history and exam and decide on a proper course of treatment or appropriate referal to a GI doctor if deemed necessary. For now, at least, try to avoid spicy, acidic, and heavily seasoned foods; don't eat large or bulky foods within several hours of lying down; cut down on foods or drink high in caffeine content ( coffee, tea, cola, chocolate, mountain dew, etc.). If not medically contraindicated with the meds your on (check with pharmacist) you may want to consider Prilosec otc while your waiting to see your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 5, 2019