bad headaches i get really bad headaches to the point where playing with my 4 yr old is a problem for me.....is it serious

Hi. : Hi. The information you have provided is not detailed enough to give very helpful information. There are many types of headaches and many different causes. If you keep getting the headaches and they hurt enough to impact your function, i would ask your parents to bring you to your family doctor. The doctor can assess what type of headaches they are. He or she can let you know if is serious and options for helping to get rid of the pain. Take care.
Dr. Douglas Miller
Pathology 41 years experience
As : As dr fowler suggested, repeated bad headaches are a serious problem and should be evaluated by a physician. As you have a child yourself, i presume you are an adult. Things a doctor will want to know from you include: how long have you had these headaches? Are they getting worse, or are they about the same? Do you have other symptoms--seeing flashing lights, nausea, vomiting, intolerance of bright light or loud sounds, other problems when you have the headaches or just before? Does any over the counter medication help? Does anything in particular set the headaches off? Do they occur mostly at a particular time of day, or when you have been doing a particular activity? You should be prepared to answer all of these questions when you are seen by a physician. You may wish to ask to be seen by a neurologist.