can you whiten teeth that have a naturally yellow tint? my teeth have always been a light yellow color, and i'm not a smoker or coffee drinker. i've been told that the color of your dentin can affect what shade of white or yellow our teeth appear to be. w

Dr. Lee Patalowski
Specializes in Dentistry
I : I have found that yellow teeth whiten the best and show the most dramatic difference. Greyish teeth do not whiten as well. If you never whitened your teeth before, you will also see a more dramatic difference.
Dr. Alan Zweig
Dentistry 45 years experience
I : I agree with dr. Patalowski. My experience too is that yellowish tinted teeth get the best result. Give it a try. You have very little to lose (time and money) and a good upside.
Dr. Lance Timmerman
Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry
You : You should be able to get whiter teeth coming from a yellow tint. Grey tinted can be more difficult, so you should be fine. Depending on your goals, simple methods may be enough, such as white strips and products from a store. More dramatic changes are best done under supervision of a dentist.
Dr. Michael Dolby
Cosmetic Surgery 28 years experience
Yes: A yellow color to your teeth is unfortunately the natural color of your teeth and responds the best to professional teeth withering. Unless your dentin is stained from either Fluoride or antibiotics when the teeth were first developing around 2-4 yo, you should have great results.
Dr. Colin Smith
Dr. Colin Smith commented
Dentistry 30 years experience
Sometimes the most dramatic before and after are from people with more natural color. However they often can not get Hollywood white like you see in the magazines because there will always be some color. I would try whitening 1st, if they don't get as white as you would like Veneers can be a great option.
Sep 3, 2013