how can you confide in your parents or family if you think you are homosexual?

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Think it out first!: There is no one right way. Be sure of your position before you say anything to your family. If you can't seem to be clear get professional help from resources you trust. Sometimes saying nothing for a while is best. They may come to you first. That has a better chance for success. Above all choose wisely who you talk to about your dilemma. Those who are immature or intolerant are not good choices.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Hazlett -- thank you for writing this realistic and helpful answer to a very complicated topic.
Nov 6, 2012
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology 27 years experience
NoraH: I hope you can find some people who will cheer & celebrate your desire to be your authentic self! Also hope your family follows suit!
Feb 26, 2013
Dr. Gerald Bausek
Homosexuality: There is often a stigma about homosexuality that can be alleviated by emphasizing that it is on a biologic basis. A person is born with this sexual orientation and there is no fault involved. Ask your family for love and understanding. If needed ask them to see a family therapist with you.
Dr. Bassam Amawi
It depends: On their back ground and believe , if they believe in god they may not accept this , since this is against his teaching
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Amawi, I hope God is more accepting of biological differences than some people appear to be.
Nov 6, 2012
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Provided original answer
Dr. Pamela , God is forgiving and merciful
Nov 6, 2012
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Provided original answer
Dr.pamela, God is forgiven and merciful
Nov 7, 2012
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology 27 years experience
A Helpful Guide...: ... Is available. It is published by the gay, lesbian & straight education network (glsen): http://bit.Ly/142n2vh.