What is wrong with me? last night i went to the er because both of my feet and legs are swollen and i have a dull achy pain that has moved up to the back of my thighs and lower back the doctor said i have celutitus in my toe on my left foot it doesn't and

Dr. Praveen Mambalam
Pain Management 18 years experience
I : I have concerns that it may be related to poorly controlled blood pressure. High blood pressure stresses the heart and this can also lead to swollen legs. You may want to discuss control of your blood pressure with your doctor. If there is infections then therapy may need to be reviewed with your doctor also.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. James Rotchford
Addiction Medicine 42 years experience
I : I would rather think the blood pressure elevation is secondary to the pain and anxiety from having your condition and having no good explanation. I do agree that a thorough medical evaluation for the swelling is required. I think if that can be effectively addressed you will do well. There are relatively uncommon conditions like regional pain syndrome etc that can arise with trauma or infections but first be assured that more common sources of swelling in the legs have been ruled out. Your pcp is more likely to help out there then a pain specialist per se. With your other conditions you are clearly more sensitive to developing chronic pain disorders so all the more reason to get to the bottom of this asap.
Last updated May 6, 2019