Are results from an endoscopic brow lift just as good as the traditional method? i've talked with two different surgeons who both recommend an endoscopic brow lift. i'm fine with that, as long as i can expect good results.

6 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Thomas Lamperti answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

An : An endoscopic browlift can give very good results. If you have a pre-existing high hairline there may be issues with elevating it further with this method, though.

Answered 1/27/2013

5.3k views

Dr. Mia Skourtis answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

Endoscopic : Endoscopic brow lift has the advantage of providing good brow elevation without creating long scars and scalp numbness that result from conventional brow lift. The forehead and brow are lifted and secured with dissolvable internal "tacks" that disappear over 12-18 months. Many surgeons have some concerns, however, that the results of endoscopic brow lift may not be as dramatic or long lasting as they would desire. This may be the result of differences in technique. Be sure your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience with endoscopic brow lift, and is very comfortable with the technique and his/her long term results. All the best, dr. Skourtis.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Benjamin Cilento answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

What : What a surgeon recommends is more determined by how they have been trained... Go with the surgeon that you trust... What he/she is recommending is based on the procedure that they know in their hands will give the desired result... I do both open and endoscopic and get excellent results with both... Open approaches in general, in my hands have a much more natural, long lasting result in certain patients.. But the same can be said for endoscopic in the right patient subset.. Good luck and i hope this helps....

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Richard Fleming answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

The : The answer depends on the position of your hairline because the frontal hairline will be elevated, sometimes significantly, with an endoscopic brow lift. That is why we developed the irregular trichophytic hairline incision which enables us to maintain or lower the hairline if necessary.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.5k views

Dr. David Sherris answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

Yes: Endoscopic browlift is an excellent technique and may well result in more natural appearing results than the older open techniques.

Answered 3/21/2015

3.1k views