U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old female asked:

Over weight 26 year old female! i'm 26 years old i weigh about 220lbs. i dont eat a lot but the things i do eat aren't too healthy. i eat fried foods and fast food on an occasion. i was diagnosed with pancreatitis in 2009; at the beginning of the year

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Leon Katz
Bariatrics 30 years experience
The : The best way to lose weight is through a change in your lifestyle, including eating healthier and getting consistent exercise. If you have tried multiple diets and regain the weight and your bmi is above 35 with either diabetes or hypertension then a surgical intervention may be a reasonable option. Join a gym and meet with a nutritionist that will help you figure out a meaningful way of changing your eating habits. Remember if you drink regular soda or juice, this can add 300 calories or more a day. If a person stores 4000 calories extra that will mean a 1 pound weight gain. Start drinking more water and as a compromise a little diet soda. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.