will a corizone shot help with a pinch nerve i have a swallon knee, and very painful

2 doctor answers
Dr. David Lundin
27 years experience Neurosurgery
Potentially: Cortisone shots are frequently used to help sciatica due to pinched nerves. Actual swelling in the limb however is not a part of nerve pain and is more likely to be due to a vascular problem, infection, or trauma to the limb itself. I recommend having your md look at the knee before having steroid infections done.S.
Answered on Mar 3, 2013
Dr. Qamar Khan
17 years experience Pain Management
Yes: However the the cortisone injection is to your knee or the pinched nerve? Either way it should help. If you are getting short term pain relief may want to see a specialist for more thorough evaluation.
Answered on Jul 22, 2014