I have gross hematuria in my urine again, is it from my nephritis again? i was diagnosed with systemic lupus over 2 years ago, when i was diagnosed i also had gross hematuria and had a cystoscopy and a kidney biopsy only finding out that i had lupus nephr

I : I think that you will need to be evaluated to get an accurate response. However, with back and flank pain accompanied by gross hematuria, you should definitely notify your doctor of the symptoms.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Rheumatology 53 years experience
Possibly: While it may indicate a flare in the nephritis several other issues can cause it including a simple uti. See your nephrologist.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016